A great way to experience the open road while obtaining comfort away from your home is with an RV or recreational vehicle. They are known to mimic home away from home. However, it can be a huge investment, which can cost a ton. With this being said, you will need to make sure that you protect your investment by obtaining insurance. We can help you find a custom insurance policy here at Schreib Insurance Group in Bonney Lake, WA.
RV Insurance Requirements
If your RV has its own motor, you will be required to obtain liability insurance in Washington. The minimum insurance limits are:
- Bodily injury liability for each person of $25,000
- Bodily injury liability for each accident of $50,000
- Property damage liability for each accident of $10,000
RV Insurance Coverage
Bodily injury coverage protects you if you or another driver that is covered under your policy causes an injury to another person. This may include a pedestrian or a passenger in the RV. This may also include other people in other vehicles. This will also cover you legally if injury claims are brought up against you.
Property damage liability on the other hand will protect you if you are at fault in an accident that causes damages to someone else’s property. This goes for both vehicles and buildings.
Additional insurance options to consider are:
- Collision coverage – This will cover your repair expenses or even replace your RV if it is damaged following an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage – If your RV is damaged by a fire, weather, or vandalism or is stolen, this policy will protect you.
- Uninsured/underinsured – If you are involved in an accident with another party who does not have enough insurance or any insurance to cover the damages they cause, this coverage option will protect you.
You may also want to consider:
- Emergency expense coverage
- Roadside assistance
- Personal belongings
- Vacation liability
For all quotes, contact our Schreib Insurance Group office. We are located in Bonney Lake, WA.